A journey of reconciliation

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. "
- Psalms 23

Friday 27 May 2011

RADIOTHERAPY

Dad was prescribed his one and only radiotherapy course.
Each day he has to report to the centre for a 5-10min radiotherapy session. No pain, no difficulty.
However, it is giving him a not so good appetite. Otherwise things seemed to be going fine.
Onco has asked him to take some chemo drug to increase the sensitivity of the cancer cells.
We decided to drop that. do not want him to feel any further physical discomfort,. Onco could not assure us that it would help, or how much it would help anyway.



He'll also have to follow up with radio onco each week. I discovered that the follow-ups was almost merely to help dad manage the side effects.I think mainstream medicine is pathetic when it comes to cancer management.

No comments:

Post a Comment