A journey of reconciliation

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. "
- Psalms 23

Friday 22 June 2012

The end that marks the new beginning

Dad passed on last evening, on my birthday, in a most resourced way, exactly 16 months after his initial pancreatic cancer diagnosis.

Throughout his journey, he experienced so so so much of God's grace and love from his immediate family. Apart from his presenting cancer condition, he was healthy and in good form.  Even for weeks before he passed on, he stopped his pain medication, as his pain was according to him "very mangeable", except for a ketotop patch he placed on his lower back everyday without fail. It is a placebo that assured him that his pain will be taken care of.



The only time he experienced great pain was when his bowel was perforated the day before he passed on. That too, did not last long, as he body was resourced in responding.

He walked through with me, every modality of healing I picked up since.
He received them each day and taught me about how these i learnt helped to support him.
He is my greatest teacher.


He is loved. Well-loved and very loved.
He put up a GREAT GREAT GREAT fight all the way to the end.
He is a BRAVE BRAVE man.

This is the end of that part of the journey with my dad while he walks on the surface of the earth.
Dad, till we meet again.

"My heartfelt thanks goes out to all those who have supported him in his journey with prayers, love and kindness".

1 comment:

  1. Your dad was not only a brave brave man. He is a great great father. I may have never met him, but I know. Because I know his superb daughter.

    Take care dear friend and sis, you know we are all with you on this.

    agape
    esther

    ReplyDelete