A journey of reconciliation

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. "
- Psalms 23

Wednesday 6 April 2011

ENZYMES

Patient with pancreatic cancer are mostly enzyme deficient, as our pancreas secretes pancreatic enzymes for digestion (the other main thing it secretes is insulin). Once enzyme is deficient, indigestion sets in = trouble in the form of wind and malnutrition. undigested food can be toxic to the body.


Dad is currently on a cocktail of pancreatin, papain and bromelain. We started him out with plant enzymes. I then muscle checked him in comparison between plant enzyme and pancreatin. pancreatin came out much stronger. I got my pancreatin from Nature's glory. Papain and Bromelain are important digestive enzymes found in papaya and pineapple respectively. I got them from therapeuolife. Recently, i also started him on PapayaPro. You can find a small picture of it at my side bar.

i think Dad weight loss graph's downward trend has been more or less halted. His weight is presently fluctuating within +/- 1 kg for the past 1.5 months. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment